AACH thanks you for your interest in volunteering! Our volunteer program is critical to fulfilling the organization’s mission and provides the residents with necessary services. AACH is committed to offering you a rewarding and fun volunteer opportunity.
To become a volunteer at AACH:
1. Complete an application. Online Volunteer Application
2. Complete a background check. Please visit mybackgroundcheck.com to complete your screening. Select Virginia, then Arlington-Alexandria Coalition for the Homeless, and identify yourself as an applicant to volunteer. Follow the prompts to input your information. Please consider paying for your screening as a contribution to our programs.
3. Read our monthly volunteer newsletter and join our Facebook page to learn about upcoming volunteer opportunities.
We will get in touch as opportunities that fit your skill set arise. If you are interested in receiving more information please fill out the contact form below and our volunteer coordinator will be in touch. We look forward to working with you in the near future!
- Adult Tutoring
- Donation Drives & Fundraisers
- Homework Help
- How to Volunteer
- MicroBusiness Academy
- Outreach & Event Planning
When I first became a client of the program, I was straight out of the shelter for the homeless and pretty much still homeless. Battling with cancer, with a two-year-old baby and a twelve-year-old child, I didn’t know where our next roof would be. AACH saved our lives. I don’t know where I would be today were it not for them.
contact Lauren Barth at firstname.lastname@example.org